Sell with Confidence
Read More

Everything You Need To Know About The NSW First Home Owner Grant

By Rentals Albury Central

Due to the rising prices of properties in New South Wales, a lot of people are having a hard time acquiring their first home, land, or real estate investment. Fortunately, aspiring homeowners in NSW can take advantage of a nationwide government program that can help them acquire their first property.

This program is known as the NSW First Home Owner Grant (FHOG). In this article, we’ll guide you through the details of this incentive program and how it can help you purchase your first home.

What Is The NSW First Home Owner Grant?

Implemented by the NSW Department of Revenue, the FHOG grants eligible individuals a financial incentive that they can use when they purchase their first home, townhouse, apartment, or land. The grant can only be used for newly built or substantially renovated homes. It is not available for established houses.

How Much Can You Get From The Grant?

Through this program, eligible individuals in NSW looking to purchase or build their first house or property can receive a sum of $10,000. This grant, however, cannot be used for properties or substantial renovations valued at over $600,000. It also isn’t available for lands valued at more than $750,000.

Who Is Eligible For The Program?

In order to qualify for the FHOG, home buyers in NSW must be over 18 years old. The applicant must also be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of the country. In addition, the applicants must prove that they have not owned a house or property at any point before July 1, 2020. As part of the terms of the program, the applicant must agree to live in the home during the first 12 months after settlement.

How To Apply For The First Home Owner Grant?

To take advantage of the FHOG, home buyers are required to fill out the First Home Owner Grant (New Homes) Application Form. This form contains all of the details applicants need to know regarding the grant program. Aside from completing the form, applicants are also required to submit certain documents such as a valid ID, proof of current address, and a copy of the building contract for vacant properties. A list of renovations is also required for those who renovated a property after purchasing it.

If you would like to know more about the grant program, or if you’re a first-time home buyer, then feel free to get in touch with Ray White Albury Central. Our real estate agents can help you find the perfect property that fits your needs, preferences, and budget.

Your Contact Details

Up to Date

Latest News

  • 5 Things to Consider When Renting a House

    It is often said that location is everything when selecting a renting property – but that’s just one of the many factors you should consider before deciding on a new rental property. Other factors such as the amenities available in the property, the neighbours, and even the lease terms will … Read more

    Read Full Post

  • 7 Things to Do with the Family in Albury-Wodonga

    Spending some time in Albury-Wodonga and looking for fun things to do? You’re at the right place! On the main highway between Melbourne and Sydney, the twin cities of Albury-Wodonga is a popular spot, with the state of Victoria on one side and New South Wales on the other. Since … Read more

    Read Full Post